.gov.uk registration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .gov.uk registration?

Does anyone here have any experience with .gov.uk registration? I've been asked by the Parish Council to investigate them getting a .gov.uk and it looks like they qualify - the docs mention an £80 cost, but I understand it's not quite as straightforward for initial registration.

Cheers!
    Alex Threlfall
    Cyberprog New Media
    www.cyberprog.net
    Most people work around their psychological demons, I harness mine up and take them out for a ride.

Originally posted by Cyberprog View Post
    Does anyone here have any experience with .gov.uk registration? I've been asked by the Parish Council to investigate them getting a .gov.uk and it looks like they qualify - the docs mention an £80 cost, but I understand it's not quite as straightforward for initial registration.

Cheers!
    Yeah, we do them (https://www.freethought-internet.co.uk/domains/gov-uk/) for £120/2 years including VAT and there are all kind of fun rules around them from a naming point of view. It's all handled manually on the registry side as well.

Parish councils can get them just fine, but there's a particular way of working out the specific domain name that they're allowed. I think you also have to have a website as well, you can't just use it for email.
    GoDaddy are abusing WHC with shill advertising

Comment

Originally posted by Ed-Freethought View Post
      Yeah, we do them (https://www.freethought-internet.co.uk/domains/gov-uk/) for £120/2 years including VAT and there are all kind of fun rules around them from a naming point of view. It's all handled manually on the registry side as well.

Parish councils can get them just fine, but there's a particular way of working out the specific domain name that they're allowed. I think you also have to have a website as well, you can't just use it for email.
      Yep, not a problem, we'll move the website onto wordpress hosted also I think. Thanks for the pricing.
      Alex Threlfall
      Cyberprog New Media
      www.cyberprog.net
      Most people work around their psychological demons, I harness mine up and take them out for a ride.

Comment

Yep, not a problem, we'll move the website onto wordpress hosted also I think. Thanks for the pricing.
        No problem

Pop an email to [email protected] if you have any questions and we can get you details of specifics about naming rules etc.
        GoDaddy are abusing WHC with shill advertising

Comment

Does anyone here have any experience with .gov.uk registration?
          Yes, Astutium are one of the ja.net/jisc registrars for .gov.uk etc

Current pricing is £99.95+vat per 2 years

The paperwork and prep-work will be largely the same for all direct gov.uk registrars - and as Ed noted, their definition of "using" it includes having a website
          Rob Golding Astutium Ltd AS#29527 Company#08183381 Phone#020 3475 2555
          Domain Name Registration - uk domains just £5.55/2 years | DNS Services | Web Hosting from £2.95 | Minecraft Servers from £2.50
          London Docklands Colocation 1u £49.95 | Virtual Private Servers from £4 | Virtual Dedicated Servers from £12 | Managed + Unmanaged Dedicated Servers from £69
          Make more money from domains - Talk to me about our Domain Reseller Accounts and WHMCS modules

Comment

Working...
          X