XBOX 360 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX 360 issues

OK, so I cannot seem to find anywhere which component(s) is/are actually being replaced free of charge by Microsoft.

It junked out on me and all that I know is I have to chance wasting postage for them to tell me that I am responsible for the repaired items.

I can't open it up, because it voids the extended warranty if it applies.

If I just know what component it is they are replacing, I can figure out whether or not it is likely or at least possible to be the component that is broken in mine.

Anyone heard anything?

i just took mine back to the shop i bought it from when it died... but it was under the original 12 month warranty. Got a brand new one there and then with another 12 months on it.
    ••• Mark Castle •••

Comment

I rang them up, told them the problem, and they said "thats fine, that will be fixed free of charge"

They sent a courier to pick it up, and had it back in a couple of weeks, same console, working fine, and a free month of gold Live subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by markcastle View Post
        i just took mine back to the shop i bought it from when it died... but it was under the original 12 month warranty. Got a brand new one there and then with another 12 months on it.
        Only problem with that though is you'd lose your saved games surely?

I believe you get back your original box when it's repaired by MS.

Comment

Saved games are stored on the hdd, which they tell you not to send with the console, so whether you get your original or a replacement you dont lose them..

Comment

It's in their interest to make 'at loss' repairs, simply to keep you buying the games.

J
            [Any views expressed on this forum are my own, and may not represent the views of any organisation that I own or am connected with.]

Comment

My brother sent off his 360 2-3 months ago, sometimes when it booted, it did nothing but flash red around the circle on the console, but a power cycle fixed it.

Had it collected, they faffed for 2 weeks, sent him a brand new console with 12 months warranty, and refunded the £80-something cheque.. Twice.
              Joel Samuel
              WebHostChat Admin

Tin Label Group[/COLOR]

I represent my own views and not those of my companies or the forum(s) on which I moderate.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie- View Post
                Saved games are stored on the hdd, which they tell you not to send with the console, so whether you get your original or a replacement you dont lose them..
                Ah of course they are! :emote_sma

I've just got mine (Premium) and it came attached to the end so I completely forgot it could be removed. I was thinking you'd need to open the case up..

Comment

Haven't had any issues with the elite version apart from it sometimes crashing, but what else do you expect from something microsoft branded ;o)
                  Karl Shrubb,
                  Senior Applications Engineer, Lodging Pricing
                  Expedia Inc.

Comment

THIS USER HAS BEEN GAGGED BY THE FORUM HOSTS FOR SPAM OR BREAKING THE RULES...
                    User will be ungaged in around 78 hours from this post.

Oliver Warburton
                    SEOShrink.
                    Need top search engine positions? SEO services? We've helped lots of businesses on these forums, and I am sure we can help you. Drop me a PM to see if I can help
                    Ecigwizard - electronic cigarettes & e-liquid
                    These are not the views of a company director. These are strictly my personal views.

Comment

User will be ungaged in around 65 hours from this post.

Ricky Blaikie - Senior Hosting Consultant -Host Consult Ltd
                      TEL: +44 (0) 20 3002 7992 WEB: http://www.host-consult.net
                      * Colocation * Dedicated and Cloud Hosting * Connectivity * VDC * VOIP *

Comment

That happened to me although luckily mine was still in Warranty at the time so got an immediate replacement. BTW have you played Assassins Creed yet? Great game IMHO.
                        ••• Mark Castle •••

Comment

I took mine back to the local Game where I bought it, no questions/receipt asked for, they swapped the HD over for me whilst giving me a new one.
                          --
                          Kind regards,

Ed Butler - Commercial Director - Everest Data Centres - TEL: +44 (0) 118 3800 599
                          WEB: http://www.everestdc.com - E-MAIL: [email protected]
                          Tier 3+ data centre with Tier 4 rooms in Reading - up to 35kW delivered per footprint.
                          Carrier Neutral or in-house BGP network with inter-connect options to key London Datacentres

Comment

User will be ungaged in around 65 hours from this post.

Ricky Blaikie - Senior Hosting Consultant -Host Consult Ltd
                            TEL: +44 (0) 20 3002 7992 WEB: http://www.host-consult.net
                            * Colocation * Dedicated and Cloud Hosting * Connectivity * VDC * VOIP *

Comment

User will be ungaged in around 78 hours from this post.

Oliver Warburton
                              SEOShrink.
                              Need top search engine positions? SEO services? We've helped lots of businesses on these forums, and I am sure we can help you. Drop me a PM to see if I can help
                              Ecigwizard - electronic cigarettes & e-liquid
                              These are not the views of a company director. These are strictly my personal views.

Comment

Working...
                              X