No announcement yet.

Where do you buy your games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But, from a marketing perspective i'd say 'GAME' is much more recognisable, and easier to say. The easier to say, the more people will say it. They could call it 'eb' as an acronym - but not particularly recognisable as a games store.
    Leigh Jepson
    Midnight Software (soon to be Serviture Ltd)
    Tel: 01925 320022 - VAT: 896 9527 43
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by freethought View Post
      GAME own gameplay? :O Since when?
      They bought gamestation a year or two ago and I'm surprised that they haven't done any consolodating really - we now have three GAME owned stores in Lincoln between about 120,000 people in a rather small area. Wouldn't have thought it was worth keeping all three (two GAME, one Gamestation)
      That is a bit odd - surely it's better to have one big GAME store...

Apparently the staff at Gamestation were told that they were going to be run as a fairly seperate division - obviously with the benefit of the combined purchasing power of the group, but with Gamestation keeping it's own image of a more geeky shop - i.e. Megadrives, SNES games, etc.

That explains why they still have Gamestation around, to me. I just wish they'd sort out reward cards (and the refund/gift cards) to be able to be used across both stores.

BTW, am I the only one that prefered it when they were Electronics Boutique?
      For absolutely no good reason, I preferred EB too. ;-)

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by racksensesid View Post
        Last place I used was 'gameplay.co.uk'. I only came across them from quidco mind - they give a nice 9% cashback - the same as GAME though, where you can also use your reward card. But if the price is lower at gameplay, then it might make more sense to buy from them. I have no loyalty as such, but I do try to use GAME because I've got a reward card too. :-)

Sid

PS. Got Fallout 3 for the xbox360 on the weekend. It's going to suck all my spare time up and more, I think.
        I just got Fallout3 but not really had the time to play it, from the little time I've spent on it so far it's one hell of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by freethought View Post
          Nothing different appart from the name. I just think it was a better name than "GAME", which is a bit bland.
          Great for SEO though

I ended up walking between a bunch of high street stores looking for the cheapest. Found Gears of War 2 for £35 in HMV, and Call of Duty for £35 in Zavvi. Everything in Game was £40 - only £1 saving with their card. Will try Sainsburys for Fallout 3 for £30 tonight. That should be enough to keep me going through the winter?

Comment

Has anybody used simplygames.com ? I was just looking for Big Little Planet and they seemed to be the cheapest at £25 with free delivery too.
            » Sean Andrews,
            » xoozoo.com ltd - www.xoozoo.com
            » Free DNS Report tools - dr.xoozoo.com

Comment

Fallout 3 was £27.50 at Game today. They seem to be cycling through offers on good games at the moment, so if you've got a shopping list might be worth waiting to see what their offer is next week.

Comment

Just to let you know I did order from simplygames.com the other day - and had a nice quick delivery and will use them again.
                » Sean Andrews,
                » xoozoo.com ltd - www.xoozoo.com
                » Free DNS Report tools - dr.xoozoo.com

Comment

Haven't played any Halo game; Halo 3 is £12.99 on play, worth getting for single player? (I'm not paying for xbl gold)

Comment

Originally posted by burble View Post
                    Haven't played any Halo game; Halo 3 is £12.99 on play, worth getting for single player? (I'm not paying for xbl gold)
                    It's great value for £12.99 if you like first person shooters.

Comment

Bought loads of stuff on play.com and shopto.net over xmas on the (new) ps3 - got 5 games for £9.99 each!

There's been some crazy pricing running up to and over the new year.
                      Ricky Blaikie - Senior Hosting Consultant -Host Consult Ltd
                      TEL: +44 (0) 20 3002 7992 WEB: http://www.host-consult.net
                      * Colocation * Dedicated and Cloud Hosting * Connectivity * VDC * VOIP *

Comment

Originally posted by burble View Post
                        Yup, I enjoyed the single player campaign very much
                        Ricky Blaikie - Senior Hosting Consultant -Host Consult Ltd
                        TEL: +44 (0) 20 3002 7992 WEB: http://www.host-consult.net
                        * Colocation * Dedicated and Cloud Hosting * Connectivity * VDC * VOIP *

Comment

Working...
                        X