Great Customer service from Microsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Customer service from Microsoft

Not normally a massive fan of Microsoft but have had experience of superb customer service over the last few weeks.

Had an Xbox 360 for quite a few years, played online etc and generally enjoyed the Xbox. Had a red ring of death on it but the missus took it back to curries IIRC and got a full replacement (removed the HDD, stuck it on the new one, sorted). It was right at the end of the warranty but at the time MS gave us another full years warranty. That was quite a few years ago! Had another red ring of death around 18 months or something like that ago and as i thought the was probably nothing that could be done about it I just left it. Ms cojntinued to bill me for Xbox live (40quid a year or something). The missus got annoyed when MS billed me again as we'd not had a working Xbox for so long that she rang them up. They said... sorry we'll refund what we've charged and as a gesture of goodwill give you a months free. As the xbox was dead Marie explained that a month free was useless. The chap asked why the Xbox was dead and asked if we had the reciept (amazingly we did) and he said ok you are in the last month of a 3 year extended warranty period!! He proceeded to say send the xbox away at *their* expense (true to their word didn't cost us a thing) and they'll repair the xbox as it's in it's last month of warranty. (amazingly they had extended the warranty by another 3 years!!)

Talk about great customer service... we had no idea it had an additional warranty. So we sent it off and waited for just two days and got a replacement. Not just any replacement but a brand new Xbox with a note that effectively said.. "we thought it would be better to provide you with a new xbox than repair your old one". How good is that? Brand new Xbox after something daft like 4 or 5 years!!!! Wow! Hooking it up now. No it's fighting for room with the PS3... but very deservidly so!!

Cant fault customer service like that.
    Last edited by markcastle; 27th February 2010, 02:38 AM. Reason: fixing typos
    ••• Mark Castle •••

Almost forgot - they sent included a free copy of GTA 4 with my replacement Xbox 360 ...... fabulous!
    ••• Mark Castle •••

Comment

Tops!
      [Any views expressed on this forum are my own, and may not represent the views of any organisation that I own or am connected with.]

Comment

That's bloody impressive (and a lot better than what my brother has received with his Xbox)
        GoDaddy are abusing WHC with shill advertising

Comment

It is good but remember why they are doing it... The Xbox has such shoddy fail rates that if they didn't there would probably be a class actionor two!
          Manuel Tuthill
          Regdotter.com - Cheap domain names .com's just £6.49
          █ Join Regdotter on Facebook for special offers.

Comment

Originally posted by e107xs View Post
            It is good but remember why they are doing it... The Xbox has such shoddy fail rates that if they didn't there would probably be a class actionor two!
            At least they are doing the right thing (even if it is probably for publicity reasons) and not just leaving it for the courts where a class action would probably cost them less due to less people getting involved.
            GoDaddy are abusing WHC with shill advertising

Comment

Originally posted by Ed-Freethought View Post
              At least they are doing the right thing (even if it is probably for publicity reasons) and not just leaving it for the courts where a class action would probably cost them less due to less people getting involved.
              Sure.. and in this case they do sound like they have gone above and beyond it's alway nice to hear of great customer service. I'l like to put a +1 at this point for Kingston memory, Had some memory issues with a couple of boards and due to the fact thier website was wrong bent over backwards to help.

There website was wrong due to Asus's information being wrong BTW, Asus didn't care.

And don't even get me started on Dell! :emote_rof
              Manuel Tuthill
              Regdotter.com - Cheap domain names .com's just £6.49
              █ Join Regdotter on Facebook for special offers.

Comment

GTA4 is my favourite game these days
                Alex Threlfall
                Cyberprog New Media
                www.cyberprog.net
                Most people work around their psychological demons, I harness mine up and take them out for a ride.

Comment

I had an Xbox fall to the old red ring, I think Microsoft extended the warranty to 3 years if it had that particular fault as it seemed most original Xbox’s suffered it at some point.

Microsoft sent a box for it to packaged up, collected it and delivered it back in around 2 weeks. Amazing service.

Comment

My friend's xbox graphics card failed once, Returned it to curry's and came back 3/4 times with the same fault each time before they finally gave in and let him have a new xbox!

Mine is now out of warranty now so everytime i turn it on i expect to see the RROD!
                    James Chillman

Comment

Working...
                    X