No announcement yet.

Page Rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah cool... not to worry then I guess. We're doing well for quite a few decent terms at the moment, so all's good.

Comment

One of my sites went down from 2 to 0 which is annoying. Page Rank still has some relevance with some advertisers. Its not completely pointless with search results either.
      NetworkTP Web Hosting and Design

Comment

I suppose the PR matters to those that pay for links on sites due to their PR ranking, apart from that it is pointless.
        [Any views expressed on this forum are my own, and may not represent the views of any organisation that I own or am connected with.]

Comment

It's an amalgamation of link backs (and the PR of those link backs) and age of domain.

Links in sheer numbers can still do the work (see one of the other forums for a discussion of a web hosting beginning with E, and how they rank so highly).

However, as of about 9-12 months ago, Google is far more interested in trust, and *NATURAL* content. Mostly in response to people 'whoring' PR like a commodity (one way to really irritate 'G), and creating spammy deliberate SEO sites to make a quick buck.

Which for real web masters, is great.
          Last edited by [inx]Olly; 2nd August 2008, 12:57 PM. Reason: *typo
          Oliver Warburton
          SEOShrink.
          Need top search engine positions? SEO services? We've helped lots of businesses on these forums, and I am sure we can help you. Drop me a PM to see if I can help
          Ecigwizard - electronic cigarettes & e-liquid
          These are not the views of a company director. These are strictly my personal views.

Comment

Google seems to have lost the urge to keep any relevance between PR and acctual content and relevancy of a website to its area of expertise ...

But PR is very usefull when LE'ing (Since most pepole still conider it), so i wouldn't neglect it!
            IT & Web Strategy services, SEO & SEM
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
            SEO | Articles | Israeli Film

Comment

Working...
            X