Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goscomb review, vps and pie!

Bonjour!

Warning: This thread contains Meat. Off you trot Manwell.

First of a few reviews coming up! I have taken on a few vps's of late, and I suppose one day I should update on my once per 3 year review of M247, but enough of them and more about this positive story...

I had the requirment for 5x low end VPS servers for general monitoring uses, and one of the companies i picked was Goscomb.
    Their XEN10 packaged offered very decent specifications and a wopping 800GB transfer per month.

The server was setup within the hour, and has been working perfectly over the last 2 weeks and I've done my best to test it

Communication was great and fast. It was also nice to get a small discount for year payment too.

Absolutly perfect VPS, and they even stuck to their word of a Free PIE if I ever ordered off them!

*Note: Extreme blackmail was used to obtain free Pie, and I have no idea if anyone else will have the skils to get one out of them!

Thank you Goscomb! Certainly a company I would hope to have more services with when I need them!
    Check out their VPS's at VPS Hosting - Xen Cluster - Virtual Hosting, Virtual Private Servers and VDS | Goscomb Technologies Limited
    Last edited by administrator; 10th February 2012, 07:06 AM.
    Admin for Webhostchat.co.uk

I want pie
    Joel Samuel
    WebHostChat Admin

Tin Label Group[/COLOR]

I represent my own views and not those of my companies or the forum(s) on which I moderate.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by JSamuel View Post
      I want pie
      Same!!!
      Simon Gunton
      The views expressed in the above post are mine alone and not necessarily those of anyone else

Comment

That pie looks freakin awesome!!
        Oliver Warburton
        SEOShrink.
        Need top search engine positions? SEO services? We've helped lots of businesses on these forums, and I am sure we can help you. Drop me a PM to see if I can help
        Ecigwizard - electronic cigarettes & e-liquid
        These are not the views of a company director. These are strictly my personal views.

Comment

So free pie becomes the ultimate freebie
          Michael Follett

Comment

If i order broadband in July can I get a free pie? :P
            Dan Rodgers - Director & Domains Expert - allthe.domains
            Domains | UK SSD Hosting | Fully Managed WordPress
            :: Nominet & CentralNic Accredited :: 800+ Domain Extensions Supported :: 24x7x365 UK-based Support ::
            Views are my own and not those of my employer or any other company I own/represent.

Comment

We inherited a goscomb vps recently when acquiring another hosting company, seems pretty good!
              Matt Wallis
              Company Director
              United Communications Limited

Managed Hosting | Managed Cloud VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers
              www.unitedhosting.co.uk | www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Comment

nice pie.
                Ricky Blaikie - Senior Hosting Consultant -Host Consult Ltd
                TEL: +44 (0) 20 3002 7992 WEB: http://www.host-consult.net
                * Colocation * Dedicated and Cloud Hosting * Connectivity * VDC * VOIP *

Comment

that pie was awesome!

Winning a Gold Star in the Great Taste Awards, tender chunks of hillbred organic Aberdeen Angus Beef are casseroled with peaty West CoastSingle Malt Whisky, smoked paprika, Ramsays pancetta and cream.

Glad you're happy Neil; welcome to the family
                  Goscomb Technologies Limited - /
                  E: P: +44 (0) 203 129 4400 F: +44 (0) 203 129 4410 T:

!

Registered in England and Wales No. 05672987 - VAT Registration No. 853 7954 80

Comment

mmm pie. We've just moved office, found Eat round the corner which, I am pleased to confirm, do some pretty good pie action.
                    Removed due to violating forum signature rules - http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/faq.php...signaturerules

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMcLeod View Post
                      mmm pie. We've just moved office, found Eat round the corner which, I am pleased to confirm, do some pretty good pie action.
                      Eat? Pfft... Find a PatVal (patisserie-valerie.co.uk)
                      Joel Samuel
                      WebHostChat Admin

Tin Label Group[/COLOR]

I represent my own views and not those of my companies or the forum(s) on which I moderate.[/SIZE]

Comment

Nice table.
                        @nickawk

Comment

Thanks for the tip Joel - nearest to me is Spitalfield - next time I'm over that way I'll take a punt.
                          Removed due to violating forum signature rules - http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/faq.php...signaturerules

Comment

Originally posted by DavidMcLeod View Post
                            Thanks for the tip Joel - nearest to me is Spitalfield - next time I'm over that way I'll take a punt.
                            No worries. I didn't know where you were based so took a punt... PatVal > Eat & Pret (etc) but sometimes you just can't top an Itsu lunch. I have two PatVal's that I can walk to from my building, the one on Piccadilly and one in Marylebone (if I feel like a longer walk, and want to ensure I'm far enough away from the office that no one can figure out where I am) so I'm fairly addicted to them.

That said, I've never actually had a cake from them!
                            Joel Samuel
                            WebHostChat Admin

Tin Label Group[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JSamuel View Post
                              Eat? Pfft... Find a PatVal (patisserie-valerie.co.uk)
                              or even a square pie ...
                              Rob Golding Astutium Ltd AS#29527 Company#08183381 Phone#020 3475 2555
                              Domain Name Registration - uk domains just £5.55/2 years | DNS Services | Web Hosting from £2.95 | Minecraft Servers from £2.50
                              London Docklands Colocation 1u £49.95 | Virtual Private Servers from £4 | Virtual Dedicated Servers from £12 | Managed + Unmanaged Dedicated Servers from £69
                              Make more money from domains - Talk to me about our Domain Reseller Accounts and WHMCS modules

Comment

Working...
                              X