Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloud hosting or shared hosting using CMS for a beginner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud hosting or shared hosting using CMS for a beginner?

Hey all,

I'm a beginner looking to find a webhost for a CMS, at the moment its probably going to be wordpress. As i'm a beginner with a website idea I hope will grow, i'm looking to learn a CMS and create a website as I go along, so I was wondering which type of host, cloud or shared you would recommend for a CMS?

From going through many sites, it seems that cpanel is easier to use if you know it already, which is based on shared hosting. However if i've never used cpanel before would this make any difference? I understand what the differences are between cloud and shared, but want to know which would be best for my situation?

Thanks

Originally posted by flyinjam View Post
    I'm a beginner looking to find a webhost for a CMS, at the moment its probably going to be wordpress
    Shared Hosting is fine for most implementations of WordPress, and manyhosts wil provide you a 'one-click' installer (usually one of softaculous, fantastico or installatron) which makes it simple to install and upgrade (VERY IMPORTANT) as new versions come out.

Originally posted by flyinjam View Post
    From going through many sites, it seems that cpanel is easier to use if you know it already
    The amount of time you'll spend in a control panel is minimal - it's there to make it easy for you to add email mailboxes, install scripts etc. There is a small 'learning curve' but most control panels are very intuitive and come with instructions or how-to videos for common tasks.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd AS#29527 Company#08183381 Phone#020 3475 2555
    Domain Name Registration - uk domains just £5.55/2 years | DNS Services | Web Hosting from £2.95 | Minecraft Servers from £2.50
    London Docklands Colocation 1u £49.95 | Virtual Private Servers from £4 | Virtual Dedicated Servers from £12 | Managed + Unmanaged Dedicated Servers from £69
    Make more money from domains - Talk to me about our Domain Reseller Accounts and WHMCS modules

Comment

As stated in the above post, most shared hosts around will have facilities to instantly install WordPress along with other popular CMS systems.

Once your setup, I highly doubt that you'll be heading back into the control panel again unless you have something to modify or maybe want to view your web stats (views, hits, bandwidth etc).

I personally would say that you might as well stick with a small shared package to begin with. There's no reason why you can't scale that up or move in the future should you need to!

Last edited by GoServUK; 23rd September 2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

You can use Wordpress. Wordpress is really easy and friendly user. You can host your site in shared or cloud hosting. Once you have signed up with one hosting provider, you just need simply install your Wordpress with one-click installation via Control Panel. Good luck
        Last edited by EUWindowsHost; 24th September 2013, 09:59 AM.
        HostForLIFE.eu - Premier European Windows Hosting
        Windows Hosting | Shared Hosting | Cloud Hosting
        24/7/365 Support |30 days money back guarantee | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
        SPOTLIGHT Award from Microsoft

Comment

For your CMS (content management system) you should go with best web hosting services provided by experience and certified companies. Many different companies compete for getting customer and offering different packages for web hosting.

Comment

If you are looking for CMS website, then I believe shared hosting will be enough. Shared hosting are inexpensive and many companies offer coupon codes for more savings. For your website hosting requirement, shared hosting provides easy install options for popular blogging and forum softwares.

Thanks
            Tyler
            Last edited by administrator; 25th March 2014, 10:37 AM.
            Website Hosting

Comment

Cloud Hosting it is !!! You are not going to remain a beginner for long.
              Keep it simple !!!

Comment

Go for shared hosting... and later move on to Cloud/VPS once you learn things and able to configure stuffs yourself.
                Removed due to violating forum signature rules -

Comment

Working...
                X