X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaulC View Post
    Luckily, no. Its just those rumours I've heard
    I am sure there was something embarrassing about you I was going to post and can't remember it now!
    Simon Gunton
    The views expressed in the above post are mine alone and not necessarily those of anyone else

Comment

• Originally posted by JSamuel View Post
      James-
      Thanks for the bug report I've fixed all 3 points now. Cheers!
      Hello, so how much posts for us to post ads??
      Removed due to violating forum signature rules -

Comment

• Try looking in the FAQ.

WebHostChat

Comment

• to cut it short - to post 1 add a week you must complete your company page and submit it to admins to be listed as a host. As previous admins left after forum ownership transition and new ones try to sort out the mess and reorganize the forum, no new users were listed as hosts for more than half a year already and it is unlikely to happen in a future, so this forum is pretty much closed for new members as of now. Therefore - you can have 30 or 3000 posts, you will still have no chance to post adds here.

Comment

• But surely everyone wants to post here just to be part of the community, not because it gets them some advertising privilege?
            Nick Fothergill
            XNC Hosting

Comment

• Well, that's why I've been here for the past 9 years...

Which reminds me - I really need to start a hosting company so I can get access to the hosts-only section.

Comment

• Originally posted by H0stZealot View Post
                to cut it short - to post 1 add a week you must complete your company page and submit it to admins to be listed as a host. As previous admins left after forum ownership transition and new ones try to sort out the mess and reorganize the forum, no new users were listed as hosts for more than half a year already and it is unlikely to happen in a future, so this forum is pretty much closed for new members as of now. Therefore - you can have 30 or 3000 posts, you will still have no chance to post adds here.
                Not strictly true, if there are members waiting to get in which have met all requirements please just let me know and I can manually "upgrade" their membership.

I'm currently working on a WHC 2.0, we'll get something out in the next couple of months hopefully which will at a minimum, replicate the key functionality we have at the moment.
                Dan Rodgers - Director & Domains Expert - allthe.domains
                Domains | UK SSD Hosting | Fully Managed WordPress
                :: Nominet & CentralNic Accredited :: 800+ Domain Extensions Supported :: 24x7x365 UK-based Support ::
                Views are my own and not those of my employer or any other company I own/represent.

Comment

• Originally posted by XDnet View Post
                  Not strictly true, if there are members waiting to get in which have met all requirements please just let me know and I can manually "upgrade" their membership.

I'm currently working on a WHC 2.0, we'll get something out in the next couple of months hopefully which will at a minimum, replicate the key functionality we have at the moment.
                  I am one of such members. Company profile completed half a year ago, presence in the UK, 5 years of reliable service, etc. etc.

And I do can contribute much more than oneliner replies and ad thread once a week, but there is no such opportunity as of now, so I concentrated on other forums, despite this one being one of the top results for the UK- based hosting-related traffic.

Comment

• thanks for the update

Comment

• Sorry to bother you but I also think am affected by this also, as i cannot edit my company information and am not coming up as a web host no more. Even known I can still access host only forums etc
                      Own Box UK Hosting Provider.
                      VPS Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers

Comment

• The forum is eternally broken - I would not hold out any hope in it being fixed any time soon. Whole thing needs levelling and starting again (If it's even worth it.)

Comment

• Its a shame as I was going to use our company Profile on here for reviews but a lot information is out of date.
                          Own Box UK Hosting Provider.
                          VPS Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers

Comment

• Above link do not work, how can we join ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hostiso View Post
                              Above link do not work, how can we join ?
                              You can't. The forum is now owned by GoDaddy who have removed the old custom stuff like host membership and are just using the forum to shill their adverts masquerading as reviews/comparisons.
                              GoDaddy are abusing WHC with shill advertising

Comment

Working...
                              X